Lab / Equipment Rental
You can rent out specific machines or our entire lab for tours, immediate tool access and individual help time. Rentals include charges for machine use but not materials.
- $40/hr for a tour with customized demonstrations for groups of up to 20 people
- Basic machine access (just a lab attendant present, no help available):
- $25/hr for for up to 6 people with the Epilog laser engraver
- $20/hr for basic use for up to 6 people with any other single tool/area
- $35/hr for use with advanced machine access and dedicated consultant assistance, per group of up to 3 people
- $50/hr to rent the entire lab with dedicated consultant assistance, per group of up to 3 people
- If you would like to run your own workshop and have unusual setup needs, such as assistance with curriculum development or teaching, preparing the space for messy materials or installation of software that’s not on our spec we will adjust the rental fee to compensate for the additional staff hours required
- University of Illinois classes or external organizations interested in using the lab for multiple or specialized sessions or workshops should contact us to make specific arrangements
Patrons interested in seeking help from a dedicated consultant should contact us first to make sure we have someone available in our referral and staff network. Skills include (but are not limited to):
- 3D design for 3D printing and milling with Solidworks, SketchUp, Autodesk Inventor and Minecraft
- Graphic design with Inkscape or Illustrator, website design and development
- Small board electronics and circuit blueprinting
- Fashion design and advanced textiles
- Blacksmithing and metalworking
Consultants, especially students, may be subject to limited hours based on their class and work schedule. To schedule time, go through the following steps.
To Schedule your Rental
Look for open (empty, white) slots on the calendar below. You may overlap with other lab rentals, so long as you’re using a different tool or area. You cannot schedule rentals during open hours (green areas). Once you’ve found one or more suitable times contact us to request the rental. Please indicate your chosen tool/area and any other relevant details.