Last updated November of 2018
We maintain one long-term computer lab (15 seats) and a number of flexible all-in-one (AIO) and laptop computers that can be setup in any fashion in other locations throughout the building. Generally our staffing and space capacity allow us to facilitate up to 30 participants in workshops, so long as they are split into two groups, or 45 if we split people up into three groups. There is one room where we can accommodate 20 computers at once.
Available on Main Lab Computers
Art, Design and Production – Inkscape (open source), Gimp (open source), Adobe CC 2018 including Photoshop and Illustrator, Autodesk SketchBook Pro 2019 and Fusion 360, PaintTool SAI, Roland CutStudio, Silhouette Studio Designer Edition, Audacity (open source)
3D Rendering and Routing – Autodesk AutoCAD 2018, 123D Make, Fusion 360 and Meshmixer, Netfabb, SketchUp, OpenSCAD (open source), Blender (open source), Sculptris, TinkerCAD
Coding – Notepad++, Python, Scratch, pd-extend (open source), Arduino libraries (open source)
Games – Spore, Minecraft and related tools (open source), RPG Maker MV
Electronics – KiCAD (open source), Arduino (open source), Eagle, Processing (open source)
Productivity – MS Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote)
Computer Workstations Details
- 15 Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF desktops – Core i7 4770 processors with 16 gb RAM, AMD R7 240, 240gb SSD’s, 19+22″ dual display
- 15 Acer E5-575G Laptops – Core i5 7500U with 8 gb RAM, nVidia 940mx, 256gb m.2 SSD’s, 15″ displays
- 8 Dell Optiplex 9030 AIO desktops – Core i5 4590 processors with 8 gb RAM, Intel HD5000 graphics, 256gb SSD’s, 24″ display
- 8 Dell Latitude e6430 Laptops – Core i5 3220M with 8gb RAM, nVidia NVS 5200 graphics, 240gb SSD’s, 14″ displays
- 6 Samsung NP900X4C Laptops – Core i5 3317U with 8gb RAM, Intel 4000, 128gb SSD’s, 15″ displays
- Network/Cloud-based RAID1 storage for long-term projects
Specialty Hardware and Software
We have a dozen iMacs and Macbook Pros (2011; Core i5/i7, 8gb, nVidia 6750, 160/250gb ssd) that can be assembled into a custom OSX lab as needed. We can arrange Linux or other special OS’s with advanced warning on a consulting rental.
Machines with more powerful Xeon (5th generation) processors, discrete graphics (nVidia GeForce 1050), 32 gb RAM available upon special request.
We have the remainder of the Adobe 2018 Suite (Dreamweaver, InDesign, Premiere, AfterEffects, Audition, etc) and Autodesk education offerings (3DS Max, Inventor HSM, Maya, etc) as well as Rhino, Solidworks, Cakewalk Sonar X3 and various game creators as an option on certain special computers computers.