Software & Hardware
Last updated November 2019
We maintain one long-term computer lab (15 seats) and a number of flexible all-in-one (AIO) and laptop computers that can be setup in any fashion in other locations throughout the building. Generally our staffing and space capacity allow us to facilitate up to 30 participants in workshops, so long as they are split into two groups, or 45 if we split people up into three groups. There is one room where we can accommodate 20 computers at once.
Available on Main Lab Computers
Art, Design and Production – Inkscape (open source), Gimp (open source), Adobe CC 2018 including Photoshop and Illustrator, Autodesk SketchBook Pro 2019 and Fusion 360, PaintTool SAI, Roland CutStudio, Silhouette Studio Designer Edition, Audacity (open source)
3D Rendering and Routing – Autodesk AutoCAD 2018, 123D Make, Fusion 360 and Meshmixer, Netfabb, SketchUp, OpenSCAD (open source), Blender (open source), Sculptris, TinkerCAD
Coding – Notepad++, Python, Scratch, pd-extend (open source), Arduino libraries (open source)
Games – Spore, Minecraft and related tools (open source), RPG Maker MV
Electronics – KiCAD (open source), Arduino (open source), Eagle, Processing (open source)
Productivity – MS Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote)
Classroom Computer Workstations Hardware Specifications
- 21 Acer E5-575G Laptops – Core i5 7200U with 8 gb RAM, nVidia 940mx, 256gb m.2 SSD’s, 15″ displays
- 15 Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF desktops – Core i7 4770 with 16 gb RAM, nVidia GeForce 1030, 256gb SSD’s, 19+22″ dual display
- 6 Dell Optiplex 9030 AIO desktops – Core i7 4790S with 8 gb RAM, Intel HD5000 graphics, 256gb SSD’s, 24″ display
- 6 Samsung Series 9 NP900X4C loaner laptops for students – Core i5 3317U with 8 gb RAM, Intel HD4000, 256 gb SSD’s, 15″ display
- Network/Cloud-based RAID1 storage for long-term projects
Specialty Hardware and Software
OSX and linux as well as machines with more powerful Xeon (5th generation) processors, discrete graphics (nVidia GeForce 1050), 32 gb RAM available upon special request.
We have the remainder of the Adobe 2018 Suite (Dreamweaver, InDesign, Premiere, AfterEffects, Audition, etc) and Autodesk education offerings (3DS Max, Inventor HSM, Maya, etc) as well as Rhino, Solidworks, Cakewalk Sonar X3 and various game creators as an option on certain special computers computers.