History

Fab Lab Building

Fab Lab Building

Agronomy Building / Art-East Annex Studio 2

The Forest Science Laboratory, which is  home to the Champaign-Urbana Community Fab Lab, was built in 1905.  The building was originally known as the "Old Agronomy Storehouse," and has served at various times as a horse barn, garage, seed storehouse and photography laboratory. Perry G. Holden efficiently organized the Department of Agronomy that occupied the building into divisions of Soil Physics and Biology, Farm Management, Crops, and Farm Mechanics by 1900. Since 1967 the building has been called the Forest Science Laboratory.

Syndicate content