Test Post for wordpress

Write all the words. Tell all the stories. Make all the nonsense. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in […]

Design & Make a Pillow with Lasered Felt | Saturday, 02/29 – 1PM-4PM

Previous Next Design & Make a Pillow with Lasered Felt Who doesn’t need a fancy homemade pillow in their life? Brighten up your home with a pillow you get to design, laser cut, and assemble! Cutting fabric takes forever, let the Fab Lab’s laser cutter do all the cutting work! Saturday, February 29th – 1PM-4PMAges […]

Makerspace final project: A marvelous photoshop

Makerspace: The Final (Project) Frontier Ian Howe 12/20/19 Question 1: Show us what you made for your final project.  Include at least two in-process photos and two final photos (or videos!) of your final project. Include a couple sentences about what challenges you faced and what you are most proud of but do not write […]

Final Project: Spider Robot

Hello everyone, For my final project, I decided I wanted to make a spider robot that would walk using four legs. I wanted to incorporate a raspberry pi and allow Bluetooth connectivity since I have never used either of those before, and I wanted to learn how to use them. In order to complete this […]

Final Project Fall 2019

This assignment was somewhat ambitious. Not as ambitious as the sewing project, but very similar. My biggest challenge was I could not get the 3-D printer to print the flower Taurus constellation so that I could make a mold of it. My first print failed as did my second and third attempts. The second attempt, […]

Belated Locomotion Adventures

The process of working with Arduino and motors began with our in-class activity, in which we needed to make use of a motor in some way/shape/form. After being inspired by our rooster-themed scratch paper, I decided to build a scene that involved a man in a house opening his front door, seeing the rooster that […]

Final Project – Knife Whetstones and Base

For my final project I chose to create a set of knife whetstones and a wooden base to hold and store them. Having no prior knowledge of woodworking, this project was an introduction to a completely new topic to me, and I needed a lot of help from the TAs to build the base. I […]

Final Project – Justin Kim

For my final project, I knew I wanted to use the laser cutter extensively, as the laser cutter project was my favorite assignment in class. While I knew I wanted to use the laser cutter, I was not sure what to make with laser cutter for my final project. During my iteration project, James gave […]

Final Project– Joy Shi

For my final project, I decided to make a stained glass lamp. This is something completely new to me so I had no idea what I had in store for me. Before starting my project, I did a bit of research and watched some YouTube videos related to stained glass. In all honesty, it looked […]

Final Project

Video Challenges I faced – I wish that I found more of this blue acrylic. I looked in several stores to find blue translucent, but could not. And the fab lab had 1 sheet, which was not enough, so I had to use another color. Also, getting things to look neat (especially the glue underneath […]

Seth Sawant Iteration Assignment

This week’s assignment was to to either build upon a previous week’s project or to start it over from scratch. Because we’re soon starting the final project, I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to combine two projects into one to create a larger more and ambitious design. I also wanted to make something […]

Arduino Iteration Adventures

My iteration project was built as a stepping-stone from my newly-acquired Arduino skills to my final project. To do so, I built a box with a map of my local area on the front, and a number of LEDs that lit up at 13 different bus stop locations to indicate where certain buses where. before […]