The Empathetic Reformulator was invented as part of a workshop led by Federico Joselevich from Buenos Aires, Argentina. The workshop was called "A Step Through Los Aparatos," which involved the combination of art, technology and creative expression.
Bob thought that Kat's T-Rex was pretty cool looking, so he went and made a skeletal Pterosaur.
This is the beta version and Bob says that the final version will be much better with stain or finish.
Here are some projects that Steve is working on, which will be displayed at the Mini Maker Fair next month at the IMC. Way to go Steve!
Operations Committee Monthly Meeting Thursday March 15, 2012 7:30 PM
Come joins us for an open discussion on
1) Google Calendar updates which allow for event scheduling and volunteer participation - Whitney will report online requests which have come through over the last couple of weeks
2) The Four Week Outlook, including Danville Homefires, workshop with Frederico, Woodturning Group, UIS Computer Group, Community Engagement at ARC, and the Mini Maker Fair at IMC
3) Presentation by Joshua Norris
CUCFL Operations Meeting Minutes
February 23, 2012
1) Discussion of CUCFL website Google Calendar to highlight recurring events at the lab http://cucfablab.org/book/volunteer-schedule-events; also discussed the creation of online fab lab tour request form : http://cucfablab.org/book/schedule-event-cuc-fab-lab
It's been a busy week for the CUC Fab Lab! Tuesday from 4-5pm and tonight (Thursday 4-5 pm) we are presenting at the Urbana Free Library's Teen Tech Week. Teens are able to use the silhouette cameos to make cards and stickers of their own designs. Furthermore, on Wednesday morning, we were featured on WCIA. See the videos here and here!
Join us for an open discussion Thursday February 23rd at 7:00 PM at the Fab Lab! Items include
1) The CUCFL website "Google Calendar" which highlights recurring events at the lab;
2) Volunteer Opportunities for Urbana Free Library "Teen Tech Week", UIUC Community Engagement Symposium, and Champaign-Urbana Mini Maker Faire (@ the IMC) upcoming events;
Agenda will be further developed at the meeting, which will be held to 60 minutes
Come join us this Saturday, Feb 11 from 10-2.This is a free class but some projects may require the purchase of supplies. Please email FABLAB-CURRICULUM@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU to register.
In this free class, children and adults will create custom valentines. We will offer an Intro to Inkscape where youth grades 2 -12 to adults will learn basic design skills and complete a Valentine's Day themed wood or acrylic gift they cut on the Epilog Laser. In addition, children may choose to make valentines stickers or cards with one of our plotters.
Due to a Winter Weather Advisory, the fab lab will not be open Thursday evening (January 12, 2012)
The Workshops & Classes page has been updated. It now contains an embedded Google Calendar, and will be updated continuously.